October 2009

October 23rd Ms. Allison let us know that Jake did a poop poop in the potty. He came out with his pants on his ankles and said " I did it", he sure did. Now at home on the other hand he will sit on the potty for a few seconds and then says "I'm done". Oh well we are just going through the motions till he is ready.

October 25 Nikki and I took Jake and Alix to the indoor swimming pool. Jake had never been in a kiddie pool. He was very observant that the water was shallow. He laid on his belly a little bit watching and copying everything Alix did. Then we went into the big pool. We kept our routine of saying "toes" to line them up on the side of the pool then I counted to three and he jumped and swam to me. He would look up and see the lifeguard and tell him, " I jump, I swim", the teenage boy was sweet to nod and said great job.

This month has brought out the two year old in Jake. We have had tantrums when he is dressing and wanting to watch more "Monkey or Barnie". He has gone to time out, which is at the front door. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. We also use stickers as an incentive to stay a way from the tantrum. Sometime it works and sometimes not. :)

Speaking of tantrums we had to cut up his sandals that he wore most of the summer. The sole was peeling off and it was becoming chilly in October.

No comments: